September 26, 2008

Wakie Wakie!

So, Ellis makes me laugh. A lot. All the time. But I still think that the funniest things he says are when he is still asleep. The problem is that if I laugh at the time, he wakes up a little bit and his feelings get hurt. So this morning, I worked really hard to keep it together. And as I am typing this, I am having my first chuckle over it. He is just so cute I can't stand it!

Since it is Friday, Ellis is off from work. So we both get to sleep in.... I get to sleep until about 6:45 and he gets to sleep until I turn on the Today show. Well, my alarm had gone off and I had pressed the snooze button. Ellis turned over and cuddled with me. Then he said, "It is like cartoons." Since I love talking to him when he is asleep just to see what he says back to me, I replied, "Huh?"

"Like cartoons. Bugs Bunny."

"Bugs Bunny?" I asked.

"With a cigar. Stripes like a cigar."

"Are you saying that I have marks from the sheets" (You know what I am talking about, right?)

"Guns."

"Guns?" Huh? What the?

"Guns, guns, guns."

In my mind I was imagining Looney Toons characters. The ones who shoot the guns and a little flag pops out.

Since I couldn't make any sense out of what he was saying, I didn't ask any more questions. Later today I will bring it up and see if he remembers anything about what he was dreaming.

Seriously, that man makes me laugh!!!




***UPDATE!***

I did tell Ellis about "Guns Guns Guns!" and he just laughed. He didn't remember dreaming anything and vaguely remembered saying something to me. He thought it was funny, too!

No comments: