In preparation for the holiday season, here are my responses to some Holiday Questions:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I think there is something magical about ripping that paper off your gift that gift bags just don't have.
2. Real tree or Artificial? When we used to celebrate this holiday, we would go cut down a real tree. Our new house did come with a tree so we will see how this goes.
3. When do you put up the tree? If we put one up, usually after Thanksgiving. I am actually hoping to get some decorations going this week, if I can.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day is the tradition in my family.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love it! But since I have been dieting for 4 Christmases in a row, sneaking a sip is all I get to do. I did buy some soy egg nog this year. If you drink it at least 10 months after the real thing, it doesn't seem too bad.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Blue BMX bike that matched my brother's. We would do synchronized bike tricks in the yard and pretend that we were going to be in the circus or the Olympics.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Rob and my dad. My mom is always happy with gold earrings if I can't come up with any other ideas.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a tiny little glass one that I put on an end table.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I almost always write out Christmas cards then I NEVER mail them. I have a stack for the last 3 years.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Fugly purple shirt from Wal-Mart that had a beaded necklace that was built in. Andrea and I tried to return it but they said that it was so old that they couldn't take it back. So, we went to the clothes section and threw it under a rack of clothes. I peed in my pants, then we left. Well, it wasn't that much pee. I was just laughing REALLY hard.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is a hard one for me. Since I haven't been in the Christmas spirit for a few years. They all seem really hokey. But I think that It's a Wonderful Life probably is the only one that I truely like.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start thinking about it in October. First purchases are usually in November. There have been years where I will have 85% of my gifts purchased and wrapped by the first week of December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
16. Lights on the tree? White lights, even though Ellis thinks they are too boring.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Tony Bennet singing "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have traveled for the last 5 Christmases. I think staying home might help me with my Christmas issues.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Most of them
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I usually can't reach it.... so I just toss a bow up there.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Whenever everyone can get together. Usually about 5 days early for my family and Christmas day with Ellis's family.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the parties and food. Can we just celebrate for once and not focus on the food???
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have no response to this.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Homemade Pumpkin Pie (is this a Christmas food?)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? The same thing Melanie Lyon wants: Eat everything I want and lose 15 lbs. And whirled peas.