February 27, 2008

Chocolate Always Loves You Back

I am trying to be good. Really I am. AKB convinced me in January that I should go with her to Boot Camp on M/W/Fs. Then, Ellis convinced me to start back at Weight Watchers in February. And here we are, two weeks in to it and I have been rockin it out! I have been getting up at 4:27 five days a week for about six and a half weeks now. And it has been good! I am loving the early morning stuff. And WW has been good to me, too! I had my second weigh in yesterday and, in two weeks, I have lost 6.8 lbs. Not too shabby.

But, for some reason, today I just don't have it in me. I woke up slightly late this morning for Boot Camp. I was still on time, but I think that I must have been in the middle of some major REM sleep. Then, the workout was primarily arms and abs. No cardio. No running up stairs and doing the dreaded "bow ties." Maybe my body needed the cardio today or something. Maybe my sleep cycle was just off. I don't know.

Oh, and it was COLD today! Maybe it was just 27. But it was windy. And it just chilled me to the bone. I cuddled with Ellis for about 10 minutes before getting in the shower and I still couldn't get totally warm. Then, in the shower, I cranked up the hot water and stood in there for a while. And I was still chilly! I thought about maybe running all the way across town for a coffee at Starbucks, but I just wasn't up to driving all the way just for that delicious liquid amber.

Anyway, so sitting at my desk, I had this brilliant thought, "Hmmm, I need a piece of chocolate. Rich, dark, creamy chocolate will warm me up." I have about half a bag of Dove Dark Chocolates in my desk left over from Valentines Day. I passed them out to my co-workers along with a goofy little V-Day card. So, I pulled out one piece. Bit it in half and ate and enjoyed that morsel. Then I glanced down...somehow the other half had already disappeared. Did I eat it?

Then, another chocolate. Just a bite, half maybe....What? I ate the whole thing already? Well, one more.

I don't even know how long this went on. Finally, I read the message on the beautiful silver wrapper from my most recent Dove Dark Chocolate. This message kinda summed up the morning and made my stomach not so interested anymore. "Chocolate Always Loves You Back."

There is some sick, food-atic fattie working for Dove that has the same issues as me, apparently. I think I need to write a letter to them about how bad a quote that really is.

Anyway, things are looking up. I just had lunch with some Cleveland gals and my brother just gave me a new recipe. I will be sure to try it one day: One chocolate covered cherry and one huge dollop peanut butter. Voila.

No comments: